Hamilton Pride Inc Committee Meeting Minutes 22.06.2016
Link House – 2 Dawson Street, Hamilton East
Meeting opened by Michael Bell (Secretary) at 6:30pm Wednesday 22 June 2016
Welcome: Michael, Phoenix, Pandelis, Jeremy, Jo, Ree, Ellie, Levi, James, Baz, Hamish
Minutes of last meeting: Corrections/Approved
Hamilton Pride Inc (HPI) would like to authorise Hare George, Michael Bell and Brad Arthur to apply and submit funding applications on behalf of HPI. Motioned by Michael, second by Phoenix, passed by all members present.
Pride Week fundraising:
Action: Hamish to organize Juicy Fruit fundraiser at Static bar, $5 entry fee.
Pride Week 2016 September 9 – 17
Pride Week Update: Michael gave report on progress so far.
- Pride Week Theme: Homosexual Law Reform,30yrs Acknowledging and Celebrating the Past, Present and Future
- Launch Party will be held at Meteor Theatre; Dakota will be our Greeter and will take the gold coin koha at the door.
- Body art models painted in the colours of various LGBT+ communities will meet and greet people during the mix and mingle.
- DJ Graham from Static Bar will be on the decks.
- LYC photo booth
- Artists from LGBT+ communities will exhibit their artwork.
- Collage of articles, pictures and captions relating to our theme, past present n future will also be displayed.
- At 8pm a karakia will mark the starting of Hamilton Pride Week 2016. Main doors will open to street theatre performers, DJ Paul Henkel and entertainment.
- Miss Ribena will be our MC for the evening.
Shawn and Daniel to focus on the drag show entertainment and after party show’s at Static bar.
Paul Henkel is book in for Hamilton Pride Week Launch and Closing Parties.
Action: Brad to collate and collect articles and pictures on Marriage equality amendment bill, passed 19th April and came into effect 19th August 2013.
Action: Michael to collate and collect articles and pictures relating to the Homosexual law reform bill that was passed in 11th July 1986 and came into effect on 8th August 1986.
Pride Week 2016 event suggestions:
Discussion: Members suggested creating a time capsule to include items and artefacts relating to the past conflicts and accomplishments of LGBT+ communities. It was also suggested to incorporate interactive activities and visual technology for launch party guests to engage in.
Introduction: James Bennett and Baz Bloomfield from Auckland Pride Inc.
James introduced himself as the Operations Manager of Auckland Pride Inc. James expressed his gratitude to Hamilton Pride committee members for participating in past Auckland Pride Festivals.
Discussion: James suggested creating a more effective working relationship between Auckland Pride Inc and Hamilton pride Inc. Members suggested the possibility of joint-partnership events between HPI and API to support LGBT+ communities. This would create more fundraising opportunities as well as addressing the visibility and support issues around LGBT culture, youth and gender.
NEXT MEETING: Wednesday 27th July, 6:30pm, Link House